Self taught and motivated professional consistently recognized for providing high level technical expertise and creative solutions to hard, large scale problems. Proficiency with Kubernetes, Unix operating systems and Puppet as well as Jenkins and Terraform for automating cloud infrastructure.
Terraform and Google Cloud
Lead Engineer in the development of a maintainable and scalable solution for cloud resources management within GCP. Extensive experience working with Terraform in conjuction with Atlantis and Jenkins to automate the testing and deployment of infrastructure code maintainined in a shared git repository.
Member of a small team responsible for developing and driving the adoption of Kuberentes and service based architecture as a replacement for an aging monolithic application and system stack.
Used puppet to manage a fleet of over 2000 physical servers across multiple datacenters. Comfortable with all aspects of puppet management from module developement to the creation and maintenance of roles and profiles for a variety of system classifications.
Unix Operating Systems
Over 15 years of home Linux use and 8 years of professional use. Primary familiarity with RedHat Enterprise Linux (CentOS) and secondary with Ubuntu Linux. Intermediate experience with FreeBSD for use of ZFS based network file storage.
Systems Engineer – 2016 - present
- Lead engineer on cloud infrastructure greenfield project
- Member of Kubernetes on-prem project
- Provision, maintain and automate large scale infrastructure powering mailchimp.com
- Mentor junior engineers and interns
Georgia Tech Research Institute
Senior IT Support Professional – 2011 - 2016
- Maintain the Linux servers and desktops used by a team of over 100 software engineers
- Manage interns and coop student assistants
- Develop automation workflows for securing and validating DoD secure systems
CareStream Dental Systems
Helpdesk Support – 2009 - 2011
- Field technical support calls for Carestream Dental Systems Customers
- Maintain “unofficial” internal XMPP chat server
QA and Technical Support – 2008 - 2009
- Develope QA and Technical Support procedures for a small online learning software company
- Endurance sports (cycling/triathlon)
- Speed skating (wheels, not ice)
- Science Fiction Literature
- Computer History